View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 01:33 PM   #138
toddoky

Re: Hooker 73-87 GM truck LS swap system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Todd,

Thanks again for the measurements. Today I was able to try the downpipes and it looks like they will work for my application.

It would be helpful for a lot of builders if Holley could provide the dimensions for all the downpipes, as you provided for me above, in product listings.

Also, these downpipes had a lot of sanding debris left in the pipe. I don't know if all of them produced are the same .... and someone somewhere is going to miss cleaning out the debris. My concern would be the debris could migrate back into the engine or possibly contaminate an O2 sensor. The instructions with the down pipes didn't advise to check or clean them. Perhaps they could be revised.

Or better yet the production process could include a cleaning as one of the last steps.

Just some suggestions for continuous improvement.
I will indeed forward your comment about the grinding dust inside the tubes to the production department.

As far as dimensions of the adapters goes, I supplied you with those measurement as a courtesy as a fellow member here, but it's not something we will be doing overall since all of the new Hooker LS swap components are application-specific by design and not intended for use as universal fit components.

Providing measurements is troublesome as they can be misinterpreted by a user and cause poor fitment and brand impressions, or prompt calls to the tech service department asking for a similar pipe to be made for them that has an additional 2 degrees of bend in it or some more rotation between the bends...I think you can see what a can of worms it opens up. Universal parts usually have a high ratio of returns associated with them and just doesn't represent the direction of development for new Hooker products these days.

Guys like yourself giving first-hand use experience with using Hooker parts on custom applications is far more valuable to a potential user I believe.
toddoky is offline   Reply With Quote