Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 11:29 PM   #3568
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titomars View Post
Why not just take some measurements and have a drive line made for it from scratch? That is what I'd do if it was mine.
money! or lack there of, and thrill of the hunt, ha ha, I have $42 bucks I don't got $250 or whatever a brand new one will cost me - and to prove a point on how easy the 833 trans swap may be (or may not be, we will see)

honestly the point of this old truck ownership is doing things yourself and doing them on the cheap, if I had money to throw around I would be driving fill in the blank __________ truck!!!

and where do you stop, hey we just bought a brand new drive line, ok, why not buy a brand new transmission, why drive 350 miles to buy an old one, ok we got a brand new drive line and a brand new transmission, why not buy a brand new crate motor, ok, we got a brand new DRIVE TRAIN, awesome, heck lets get a brand new diff, ok got all that new, we can't mount that to a used frame, lets get one of them brand new aluminum frames, ok got one, see what I mean, that's not what this build is about...

Last edited by Gregski; 04-12-2016 at 11:34 PM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote