View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 07:34 AM   #15
special-K
Special Order

Re: Sell to whoever? Or sell to the right buyer?

Pretty much anything I buy is special in some way, so I have to feel the buyer appreciates it when I sell. #3 and #4 are going beyond. Once it's theirs they decide what to do with it. I am saying I have prevented sales based on what the buyers plans were or when I saw they were not focused on what makes the truck what it is. I sold my '72 K/20 Highlander to a friend who appreciated it's rarity when I had a guy bugging me for months to sell it to him. I was actually selling the '72 GMC but he wanted the Chevy because he liked the blue & white 2-tone. The GMC was white with lower trim and blue interior. I told him just add upper trim and add blue upper and lower. He said, "But the Chevy is already lifted". I told him I'd put a lift on the GMC if he buys it. I just didn't appreciate his mentality and kept ignoring him or putting him off. My buddy hands me a wad of cash and says "This is for the Highlander. I'll have the rest next week when a couple cars are sold. What do you want for the total?". Well, I don't hate the GMC, so I took the money knowing the truck went to a good home and kept the GMC

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote