View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 10:04 AM   #43
snj8198

Re: L29 454 Build for '63 K15 with NV4500

Quote:
Originally Posted by '63GENIII View Post
Just re read your post Steve. Im not sure I understand. Did you say you pull a 23' travel trailer with another trailer hooked to the back of the travel trailer?
yep, I pull double, tho I would prefer the lead trailer to be a goose neck but I have been using a sway control friction bar and watching my weight distribution. It all pulls well at 65-70mph and I slow to 60 going down hill. The real trick is keeping the rear trailer at only 10-15% tongue weight and keep as much weight forward on the lead trailer. So far no tail wagging issues. Also, I have 4 wheel disks and 1 ton booster/MC on the truck and both are brake axles on the camper controlled by a Prodigy controller as well so plenty of braking action.

I get a lot of looks when people see this old truck roaring up mountain passes at 55 with bed loaded, 2 trailers in tow and the 3" pipes barking off canyon walls!! The exhaust picks up a completely different note when really loaded at 3,500rpm, it gets really deep and throaty. Absolutely awesome!

Back to topic... ya the CSI bump stick was $400 so it's not cheap. It's a really pretty billet stick in the box and again his reputation can't be beat. I felt very comfortable going this route and I think you will too. Just be sure you know and have your engine build established before making your order. Perhaps a guy could even call him ahead of time with build plans to see if he has any suggestions for slight mods before cutting a custom cam just to be sure you are maximizing without dropping major coin of course.