View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 10:39 AM   #22
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Re: Sell to whoever? Or sell to the right buyer?

"Anybody can restore a classic. But it takes balls to cut one up." I saw that on a T-shirt at a car show one time and it always come to mind when someone wants to ensure a buyer keeps a vehicle "all original", or maintains it a "certain way". Once money changes hands and titles are signed... all bets are off.

Everybody has their own idea of what they want in an older rig. I met my wife's boss the other day and we went out to his shop and he showed me a very cherry 1968 Camaro RS/SS. I made the comment that it would make a fantastic drag car. He was horrified.

Again, I don't care all that much for Camaro's but they make great light weight race cars. So views differ no matter who buys or sells a rig.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote