View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 11:53 PM   #20
americanmusc1e

Re: Project "Old Skool" V.3

I FINALLY got a chance to do some serious work on the truck. I went down this weekend and did a bunch of little stuff that needed to be done. The truck finally has an air filter, the battery relocation is done, the alternator charges the battery, the ECM controls the fans, and the tune is 100% better (but not perfect).

My goal now is to make the truck ready for inspection so I can put it back on the road. Even if the interior is still very Spartan. I spent a lot of time working on the electrical of the truck, but I'm only about halfway done. I have headlights and parking lights, but no brake lights or turn signals (I need a brake switch and new flashers).

We did finally take the truck out for a short road test, and even though the tune wasn't perfect, the truck has a surprising amount of power. It has 3.08 gears in the rear and a 5.3, and it honestly felt as powerful as my old 383 with 3.73 gears. I'm not sure what to say there other than the part-throttle power may be better.

I took Monday and Tuesday off next week. So I will have four days to work on my truck. I'm planning on making some serious headway.

Instagram: @americanmusc1e

OLD SKOOL-- 1970 C10. 454/Th400/3.07 posi Build Thread
FARM TRUCK----1949 Chevrolet 3800 Power Wagon Hauler Build Thread

1999 4wd OBS Tahoe - daily.

DM me if you can't see photos i posted
americanmusc1e is offline   Reply With Quote