View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 10:24 PM   #147
Valarius_Starchaser

Re: Project Orange Crush (57 3100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Cool transmission work. It has been a long time since I've been in one.
Thanks been a long time for me too (if you can even say that) I was a freshman in high school and got a part time job at my best friends dads trans shop all he had me doing was flushes and filter changes though I couldn't be trusted with any "real work" then and I can't say I blame him looking back but boy was I upset then about it

Continuing the refresh today I picked up some ATP trans lube and a gallon of Dexron VI from work so I could start soaking the new clutch and reverse band while I prepped other things.

Ahhhh the good stuff
Name:  IMG_2137.JPG
Views: 349
Size:  96.4 KB
A look at things up top first I only have the apply pistons installed for now while I gather funds to finish off with a reseal kit
Name:  IMG_2138.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  64.2 KB
A look at the worn out separator plate and the reason we are doing away with the steel check balls this wear would have caused major shifting issues in the future
Name:  IMG_2142.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  50.3 KB
A look at the fix for the above problem these will form to the separator plate hole actually resulting in a better seal
Name:  IMG_2140.JPG
Views: 344
Size:  99.4 KB
A look at the stock reverse boost valve next to the SONNAX unit I got the one on the right is the stocker and can cause runaway line pressure that causes case failure (oh that sounds lovely they all said)
Name:  IMG_2141.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  57.6 KB