View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 12:34 AM   #78
First c10

Re: Project "Hulk Jr"

Ok guys have a question/problem. I got the motor and trans put together. When I went to put the torque converter bolts through the flex plate there was a gap about 1/4". I was able to put the short bolts in and tighten them down. But after I thought about it is this correct? I felt like it had to flex the plate towards the torque converter.

Next is that I kept the motor in the original location even though I thought about moving it forward 2" since I am going to have a new driveline built anyway. After I got it in with the taller valve covers I am too close for comfort and will be moving it forward. Also the oil pan is about 1/4" away from the crossmember. Would there be a problem to raise the motor 1/2" at the crossmember or is there enough room in the cross member bolt hole to move it 1/4 back as I have it all the way forward to miss the firewall. I am probably going to get a different pan no matter? Since the pan is a chrome one I am thing about just changing the pan to something that won't rust.
This is what happens when I try and save a buck or not change things to much.
I should have just got a good pan and moved the motor forward. Anybody have a part number to a good SBC oil pan that fits???
Attached Images

1970 C10 Yellow/White Deluxe LWB w/ 5.3L-LC9/6L80E
1968 K10 LWB Dark green my son calls it "THE HULK Jr"HULK JR *SOLD*
GO GO!!!
First c10 is offline   Reply With Quote