View Single Post
Old 04-23-2016, 09:30 PM   #5
macblazer2

Re: Annoying Engine problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
Hi Dale,

Welcome to the board. You might start off by replacing the rubber fuel hose under the cab and while you have it off check inside of the metal lines for any blockage. It could actually be a multitude of things. Plugged fuel sock on the pickup tube inside the tank, plugged fuel line, plugged add on fuel filter, crack or hole in rubber fuel line, weak fuel pump, non-vented fuel cap when it should be vented, etc...

As far as electrical, bad connections at the battery, junction block on the inner fender, bulkhead connector at the firewall, bad ignition switch. You will probably have to try and isolate it a little more. If yiu shut it off and restart it when it is doing it does it continue to do it or does that stop it?

LockDoc
Yeah the fuel lines seemed ok. It has 2 fuel filters on it. One on the frame under the cab and another in the engine bay. I replaced both of them and the lines didn't seem plugged. I had thought about the potential of it being a fuel pump issue, but seemed weird it would go from normal to this weak condition almost like flipping a switch. I'm thinking replacing the entire wiring harness since it is pretty screwed up anyways and see if the problem goes away.
macblazer2 is offline   Reply With Quote