View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 11:40 PM   #83
Chad22873

Re: Blazer Bed Floor Replacement

In my opinion it would certainly be much easier to replace the floor frame off. It would simply be a matter of just lifting/jacking it up into place. Much simpler than trying to slide it in from the rear like I did. Although I really didn't have much trouble and we had the frame there to support the weight of it while we slid it into place. It was a two man operation for me but only took about 15 minutes. I had everything ready though before my help arrived. If you do it with the frame off, I don't see why you couldn't leave the top on. There would really not be a reason to slide the sides out at all if you were coming in from the bottom. My concern as I said earlier was simply making sure that everything was lined up properly. That's why i did it on the frame. If you take plenty of measurements though, I don't see why you couldn't do it frame off. You mentioned about cutting the old floor up. I took lots of measurements before I cut my floor up. I cut it up because doing it the way I did it made it much easier to get the old out of the way and certainly much easier as a one man show. Again if you are frame off you should just be able to un bolt it and drop it down.