View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 07:46 PM   #35
Nufsed

Re: Experts Question re: Dealer Added Factory Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceman1968 View Post
Nufsed, Where was this pic taken? It doesn't appear to be attached to the glove box door.
Attachment 1527196
Good eye; it is not on the glove box door. The seller explained that a corner was lifting and he thought it would be better preserved if he removed it and stored it with the truck's original papers. Now, some folks will read this and just scream "oh, likely story" "its a fake" "the guy's a fraud" but, though I'm as jaded as they come, I can't give that much weight to the SPID's location alone. The fact is, if he had *tossed* the thing in the trash, I wouldn't be buggin' you guys about it...I probably would've bought the truck(!) by now. He does have the original title, actual invoice, (signed paid in full) owners manual, protecto-plate on its card and the SPID folded up inside.
Obviously, we all see the SPID removal as heretical and damning. I don't know that it makes *everything wrong* about the truck. The VIN plate is pretty convincing but I haven't traveled across country to verify the stamped VIN on the frame or other locations that you guys can tell me the location of.
Frame rail right by the power steering pump, right? where else? Is the VIN stamped directly into the cab metal somewhere?

Last edited by Nufsed; 04-27-2016 at 07:57 PM.
Nufsed is offline   Reply With Quote