View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 10:10 PM   #348
joedoh

Re: 49 3600, s10 swap, project boogie

I am absolutely floored, when we moved the 1941 truck down to the lower yard, we didnt have the chains long enough and dented up the headlights. I called today, he had another one in the ad and it had good headlights so I wanted to see if I could buy the headlights from it. he said and I quote "well I told you on the phone that I was throwing that cab in. "

good googlly moogly. I have two mostly complete 41s now because I bought the extra bed. Have to figure out how to get all this steel home! the only picture I have of the extra cab

brenden was home this weekend so I picked up the brake lines I needed. he was busy with the back bumper so I pulled the lines MY way, disconnect at each caliper, at the rear union, and unbolt the master. ONE PIECE. it will go in that easy too. found a nice shop chair on the side of the highway too. momma didnt cook the breakfast with no hog but it was still a good day.

anyway. back on the pedals today. using the jig dims, cut the top piece

and the back piece

I had a piece of 1/2x1/2 tubing kyle gave me and was using for a standoff for the plasma, it was a real ***** to hold and use, so I welded a bigger tube to it. perf.

using the jig to set the angle of the top to the back

drilled and bolted the pedal assembly in to check some measurements

pedal lines up right

same distance I say good!

want to grab that 45 degree bolt, patterned cut and installed

second gusset doesnt need to be a full one

flange that will bolt to the firewall

gussets for the opposite side

tried out my circle guides. used a standoff since I have the fine cut tips in. work like a treat

braced the top since it will be the area with the highest pushing load.

where I stopped today, need to figure out what to trim on the right, how to mount it on the left, and cut/drill all the holes and it will get installed tomorrow.

more to come!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote