View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 11:17 AM   #3632
matthamby

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Last night - cleaned out my buddy's garage (moved his jeep out, and equipment) got the C10 on the lift and took wheels off to start replacing brake cylinders, he's going to work on that this week while he is "slow" on other work, hopefully have the exhaust put in this week!

Got my insurance on it this morning and getting ready to head to DMV to get tags - woohoo!

here's some pics of the original bed and tailgate, then the replacement I found for $200!

I didn't realize it had an original wood bed - the plate steel has always been in it as long as I can remember, when we lifted it up to do the brakes, some of the wood fell down, it's almost like one of those house shows where they pull the carpet up and "hey you have wood floors!" - only problem here is that I can't simply remove the covering and be done! My friend said something to me a few weeks ago about how my grandpa put that in, because there was some ply-wood under the steel that was rotted, upon closer inspection last night we realized it wasn't plywood but the original wood floor.