View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 02:16 PM   #11
jocko

Re: Blue with red interior

Since you're asking for opinions - I'll give you a few in general - have to ask what your truck's overall goal is. Resto? Hot rod? Custom? Stance? I think the combo works well on a custom truck - not so well on a resto, or even one that goes as far as a mild resto mod. To your 2nd question - I wasn't sure if you were referring to the dash itself, the dash pad, or the top of the dash between the pad and windshield. Regardless - I would not add the exterior's blue to the interior. You're gonna feel lie Spider-Man in there. I'd even carpet the lower door panels in red and I'd paint the interior sheet metal a matching red (well... Ok, maybe not that far) - or perhaps that new paint that emulates modern interior panel texture. But in red. It's all or nothing. I think the truck above looks great - and it is custom enough to get away with it. I think the interior needs to be ALL red to really make it work even on a custom. Anyway, my 2 cents only. Can't wait to see what you do! While I DO like the above truck - that's because it's sweet. But I'd like it even more with a blue or parchment interior. I've only ever thought red looked exactly right in red, black, silver, or white trucks. Not sure why either...
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote