Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 12:07 AM   #3853
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
1) Quit running water! Your truck needs either antifreeze or something like "water wetter" (http://www.redlineoil.com/Products.aspx?pcid=10) if you want to keep using water.
Well we added Antifreeze and saw no change, so it was time to try the Snake Oil under duress mind you, ha ha. We opted for the hy-per lube product for two reasons 1. it was on sale and B. it claimed to run even cooler than that Bed Wetter stuff

RESULT: no change and no surprise there at all

This is where I remind you that The Greg is no fan of Snake Oils, he has tried, Seafoam to pass SMOG (epic fail), stop a leak (not), valve chatter eliminator (wrong answer), and now this makes water wetter nonsense, The Greg is a firm believer in you find the problem, you understand the problem, you fix the problem the right way. No magic potion in the bottle is going to do that for you, it will make your wallet skinnier though.

FUN FACT: on the back of this bottle it reads (and this underlines my point / stubbornness for using water) "Using less than 50% anti-freeze will improve temperature reduction." so in my mind that says, use more water to run cooler
Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 05-06-2016 at 12:13 AM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote