View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 10:21 AM   #16
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgesnerjr View Post
Just thinkin.
Have You looked at thermostat? I can't remember if you have tested its operation in the pot of water. Specifically does it open, at what temp and if does; all the way? even if it's new, it might be defective...

Again, just thinkin.
Always appreciate your thinkin. I have just now tested my old thermostat simply because it was out of the truck and on the work bench already, ha ha. Plus it is good to know if that rascal was good and got blamed for being bad in error, just because at the time we ran it we did not have the bypass hose hooked up, so we wanted to do right by him.

so we tossed him in our Walter White approved "beaker" and set up our control digital temp gauge. Honestly the electric tea kettle works great for this, it ain't going back in the kitchen that's fer sure.

Old thermostat is rated at 195*F but being a cheap AutoZone Valuecraft (I'm sure) unit it works but it don't open till 205*F which I try to show you with pics but the darn camera lens keeps fogging up from the steam, ha ha, just trust me on this one

I will test the new one later on today when I remove it from the truck. Thanks Jr. and thank you all for hanging in there with me and Rusty on this one, we will finger this out I promise, even if we have to drop a Ford 302 in there, hey just kidding but I did get your attention didn't I...
Attached Images

Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote