View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 11:51 PM   #361
joedoh

Re: 49 3600, s10 swap, project boogie

yeah, the nice thing about using a complete donor is you dont have to figure out every little tiny thing. it looks impressive to get it all done in a day, but to be honest it only took 2 hours because everything just plugged, bolted, or attached the way it was before.

went out to put the cab on and that supply line was bugging me, it had a flash rust showing on the inside edge, so I pulled it back off and cleaned it. easiest to do with the cab off. when I was finishing that, the new distributor showed up.

I ordered a new one, this donor gave up a lot of ancillary parts as it sat around to be installed, temp senders, oil pressure senders, fuel pump, serp belt, and the distributor. so new parts have been showing up. The oil pump shaft was a little out of line, I dont have a super long screwdriver though. I used a support rod to turn it haha, never throw anything away, right?

after some swearing at my $50 cherry picker, mostly because the wheels like doing whatever they want, and after a trip to the hardware store for some 5" bolts for the front mounts, I got the cab on. remember that the rear mount was 1/4" low, and I welded it up higher without trial fitting. shouldnt have worried, cab is level now. the only thing I can figure is the floor is slightly crooked because of all the rust and years.

then the moment of truth, I had thumbnailed the front core mounts into a new position based on how much the rubber "squished", also the second mount was way out of shape. would the bolts fit?

shouldnt have worried, bolts dropped right through and fit PERFECT.

hood shut perfect

wheel is turned slightly

tomorrow is brakes and steering! today I was limited to only a couple hours shop time (including inside out cleaning), tomorrow I have some stuff to ship in the morning but a whole day to work.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote