View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 10:10 PM   #368
joedoh

Re: 49 3600, s10 swap, project boogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
moving along very nicely. Dunno how he found those parts bf me!!! I usually scour CL but I usually never look for stuff pre 47'. Nice find though, super hard to find those I know.
man I dunno, he showed me the ad when it was 3 hrs old and I called right away, and by the time my brother even got there in the morning the ad was down and the rest of the truck was sold. I bet it wasnt even up 12 hours.

started today fixing a little rust sticktion. the passenger door never shut all the way, a little PB blaster though and

that worked amazing, so I tried the cowl vent next, which was stuck so hard a breaker bar wouldnt even budge it. squirt squirt though and

I was going to call it a day after that, no sense tempting fate, I had worked all morning till almost 1 shipping a motorcycle engine and some other parts (invest in cardboard stocks, thats stuff is crazy priced now a days) and my brother was coming for dinner, but I figured I could at least try mounting the pedal and column. I scraped all the insulation off the firewall and got the holes cut, and bolted the booster to hold it

after some trimming the pedals fit right up

and the column dropped right in

I need to triangulate to the dash mount and add the L bracket on the lower vertical bolt, it is not yet as sturdy as it can be, but I am tickled pink. the cowl vent still works, but the side vent will not, the pedal assembly is blocking it. cest la vie!

should run this week!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 05-10-2016 at 10:22 PM.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote