View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 12:58 AM   #373
joedoh

Re: 49 3600, s10 swap, project boogie

in this picture,

you can see how the new bracket butts up against the original dash support. I will make a small, strong, triangle, bracket that bolts to the front of the s10 assembly (there is a bolt there that is directly under the bracket) and up to the original dash support in the hole shown.

also, in this picture you can see a bolt head that goes straight up,

it bolts into a welded nut on the top of my interface bracket. I will make an L bracket that welds to the kick panel and lets the bolt go through it, making that side strong against twisting.

I made the bracket really strong Advanced, yes, but a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. if you pull straight down on the column right now like a lever, the torque is applied at where the interface bracket bolts to the firewall. I added some bolts, plus the four on the booster,

and the firewall is still pretty flexy. I am hoping that triangulation bracket and lower bracket is all that is needed, if not I have no problem adding a couple tabs to the column and just bolting it to the factory holes in the bottom of the dash. I may in fact, do that INSTEAD of making the little triangle brackets. in my opinion its no different than a u bolt that most guys use.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote