View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 09:56 AM   #11
MARTINSR

Re: So how much do you actually drive yours??

Quote:
Originally Posted by starterman99 View Post
not enough, after all the work and money I feel I can't run to the store or take it out to dinner for fear some idiot will open a door into it or run a shopping cart against the side. One of the first shows I took my truck to, I was talking to a friend and turn around to see some kid climbing up the step over the side of bed to get a look inside while the parent stood there watching.
I drive a '59 Rambler every day that is most certainly a "driver" with a basic paint job and interior far from perfect but was all new when I go it 7 years ago. So it's "clean" and I just drive it and park it where ever I want and brush touch the paint chips every once in a while. I have really gotten to love it because I don't have to worry about it.

My son drives a 63 Falcon and the brakes are being re-done so he is driving my Rambler and I am driving my Gran Sport that sounds much like your truck, something that is pretty nice with a lot of sweat put into it. I have had it on the road for 4 years and have put very few miles on it. Well since my son is driving the Rambler I have been driving the Gran Sport every day and though I am very careful with where I park and there are things I will not do like leave it in a mall parking lot I am getting much more comfortable using it every day and am really enjoying driving it. I almost hate to have him give me the Rambler back. It's taken me a while to lighten up and not be so freaked out. I am a big believer in using my grand parents dishes, you know what I mean? I don't want them up in the attic protected I want to use them and enjoy them and if they get broken, tough, it's better than never using them. I am trying to put that same thought into the Gran Sport and it is paying off, I am really enjoying driving it.

I know this is about our trucks but I thought I would make a point, have fun with it! My truck is in a million pieces but when it was together I drove it every single day for years. We are talking a full on show worthy lacquer paint job with the bed cut and buffed inside and out. I am not kidding, I was driving this to work 20 miles or so each way every day and I would Mirror Glaze it (good old No.7) every single weekend!

Damn we need to enjoy them as much as possible.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"

Last edited by MARTINSR; 05-13-2016 at 10:01 AM.
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote