View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 11:04 PM   #2014
Ta2Don

Re: Donz '65 SWB Stepper Budget Build...

Finally scored some serious truck time to help maintain sanity...

After string 10 days together without a day off, The new schedule came out with me having this Friday and Saturday off, then as icing on the cake, I also start off the new week with Sunday off as well... Yesterday started with tree trimming and weed whacking... Today was TRUCK TIME!!!

In the midst of truck time, I ran into town to fetch my beautiful bride's birthday gift... Gotta earn them thar points... I also dropped by the parts store to grab a new rag joint and Clutch Master and Slave cylinders...

After unloading the new sofa, aka bday gift, it was back to the truck...

earlier in the day I installed the pedal pads...
Untitled by Donald Olivo, on Flickr

Pedals and sterring column were then installed...

With my son helping, we removed the hood, (bonnet, for my UK mates)

Then the front clip was removed to facilitate ease of working on the Clutch and Brake Hydraulics...

After installing the new rag joint, oops, no pic... I installed the Brake booster and master cylinder using Capt Fab's bracket that I purchased a couple of years back...

New Parts...

New Clutch master cylinder awaiting the pizza box template treatment...

Markings made, ready to be drilled, and the larger hole required some hand filing as I didn't have a bit large enough for the boss that goes through the firewall...

Mounted...

...and when I got to the interior side, I found this pre-punched hole in the firewall mat, that lined up perfectly with the master cylinder...

the master cylinder now resides behind that plug I removed, which is located betwixt me fingers... kinda hard to see in the photo...

After calling it a day before hopping on the riding mower, I shot this pic... the grille support never quite lined up right at the top with the fenders, so I will be readjusting that before the from clip goes back on...

Here's where I ask for any advice on making those adjustments... When I put the front clip on previously, I bolted up the radiator support first the started adding fenders then grille support... each fender sits up about a quarter of an inch above the grille support and thus the bolt holes for the latch catch aren't matching up...

Thanks for looking in...
Proverbs 27:17
US Air Force Retarded errr Retired
My '65 Stepper Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=533920
My '60 Rusty Patina Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...66#post7402266
My '72 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...59#post7204359 SOLD

Last edited by Ta2Don; 05-14-2016 at 11:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Ta2Don is offline   Reply With Quote