View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 03:30 PM   #12
Brandons63

Re: My 63 Chevy C10 project

It's been a while since I've posted anything on the build.. I've decided to keep the patina and do some patch work. I have the rockers, floor pans and cab supports in the shop ready to install as soon as I get time. I'll post progress pictures. I have lowered the truck using CCP 5" springs and struts in the rear, and chopped about a coil and a half up front for about a 3" drop. As of now the spring chop was to get an idea of where I wanted it to sit when I order heavy duty drop springs. With the tired old springs it's sitting on the bump stops and will take them out when I get a stiffer Spring. The wife and I and our kids have fallen in love with this truck! It's at the exhaust shop now getting fitted with 2" duals and silver line glass packs. I got to drive it for the first time to take it up to them. That was a rush. It's fun to drive something you have revived from the dead. The 327 is running like a top now that it's timed and the 2jet is tuned after the rebuild. Lots of blood sweat and beers into this thing already and can't wait to further the build! I do however need to rewire from the column all the way back to the tails, so if anyone has a diagram for that I'd appreciate it! I also need help identifing the transmission. It's a Muncie 4 speed and it has the drain plug on the bottom. Looking to see fluid type and capacity? Also for the rear end. It's the factory 12 bolt. Also any hints or tips on a posi rear end? Thanks for the help guys!
Attached Images

Brandons63 is offline   Reply With Quote