View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 10:44 AM   #3722
midniteblues

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

[QUOTE=VWNate1;7597243]Thanx Blues ~ 32 years of eating you know what..... and after all those meals I still wouldn't say your full of $hit.

Did you wire brush those manifolds or what ? they're aftermarket or you ground them smooth ? .

In my first pic I included the tools I used to smooth them.

These are oe manifolds i have a few layin around so i figured i could ruin a set.
Grinding disc first then a lil' burr work, flap disc, roloc sanding disc and finally roloc scotch Brite discs to finish them out.
I also used a few of these other "wheels/discs" but I don't know the name of them...like a rough hard scotch brite.

And before all that I drilled and tapped for all the new studs.

Saskman, I used all the looms/dressings off the oe 307 that was in the truck. See pics of the rear looms. I had to drill and tap bolt holes for them also.
I don't like how the 4 front wires are routed behind the motor mount. I would have to cut the wire or loosen the motor mount to get them back out. Hence the reason I didn't terminate them yet.

This is a low mileage 400 from a box van that was used for storage and rotted into the ground.

I had to drill and tap the block for the z bar ball stud.
I did both holes aligned with a oe ball stud bracket so it's like every other sbc out there.

Smoothed all the casting lines on the block heads and water pump.

Slightly polished the distributor base.
Port matched intake.
Usually I would smooth out the edges on all the brackets but I had most of these painted up way before hand so I didnt.

Here's a few more pics.
Attached Images

'74 heald super bronc vt8. tecumseh powered moon rover.