View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 07:25 PM   #2025
Ta2Don

Re: Donz '65 SWB Stepper Budget Build...

After my recent truck time, I decided my shed was more unorganized than usual... So, over the past handful of days, I've re-arranged and cleaned up and started organizing mores than I normally do... My system of organized chaos needed a bit of an upgrade...

As a bit of background, this shed was built in 2002 to house my bike and riding mower... After a divorce and meeting and marrying my lovely wife in '07/'08 the shed was deemed too small, so a 16x20 addition was in order... my original tool box, the tall craftsman setup, was purchased in 1982 and has travelled with me to Portugal and back... it was residing in the addition and the Blue Point box and a Cobalt box I acquired over the past few years were in the OG shed... During recent days of truck time I determined the Craftsman needed to join the other boxes for ease of access when jobbing on whatever needs attention...

I neglected to get pics of the clutter and the previous placement of the workbench, which was on the left, but here's the fruit of my labor thus far... still more to go in the addition...

Here's a shot looking in from the nose of the stepper...
Untitled by Donald Olivo, on Flickr

Workbench used to be on the left, the Open sign is from the Tattoo Studio...

The workbench relocated...

Now for the truck stuff...
Earlier this week I purchased my brake hoses for the front, and one of the Calipers... the other caliper we had in stock appeared to have a crack around the bleeder screw, so another was ordered and will be here tomorrow morning. I also opted to purchase the Hydraulic line to go from the Clutch M/C to the Slave...

It is adjusted and hooked up, but awaiting the front clip re=install before mounting to the firewall...
Here's a before shot of the Caliper I carried home Saturday...

And here's the after shot...

A friend at work asked if I was painting the calipers, which I hadn't considered, but quickly decided on Chevy Orange, to match the engine...

As I prepared to install the clutch line, I called Rian, and spoke with him and Martin... Mentioning the fact that I was about to pull the trigger on a wiring harness, Martin hooked me up with his contact in Florida where he grabbed his harness from... I'll call him tomorrow to price their harness...
That's all for this weekend...
Cheers Mates, and Thanks for looking in Guyz and Galz!!!
Proverbs 27:17
US Air Force Retarded errr Retired
My '65 Stepper Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=533920
My '60 Rusty Patina Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...66#post7402266
My '72 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...59#post7204359 SOLD
Ta2Don is offline   Reply With Quote