View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 08:11 PM   #39
Brandons63

Re: My 63 Chevy C10 project

Hey guys, so I have been getting a lot of questions about the acid I've used to clean my truck up in the first few posts of this thread. I thought I would share some info. The product I use is called Pro Power Acid Cleaner. It's made up of three different acids one being phosphoric and the other two I can't recal as I don't have access to the label or msds right now..For $20 a gallon for concentrate...I've used this on many wheels, chrome, paint, glass, aluminum,porcelain, soiled concrete among anything else I can try it on. Depending on what ratio you mix it, it's a very handy tool and time saver. I am truly blown away by this product. In my profession (helicopter/airplane mechanic and crew member) I'm always looking for products and chemicals that makes life easier. I installed new windows on my home ($6k later) and they got hit by our sprinkler system all summer causing them to have a thick mineral build up on them so bad that they were difficult to see out of. I tried everything. I even got a rubbing compound made for this and got out the electric buffer. Nope. I saw the guy at the Honda dealership use this on my wife's Windows on her odyssey that suffered the same damage. I was amazed and asked him for a bottle of it. Sprayed it on the windows at home, and hosed it off right away. BAM crystal clear. So then I bought a gallon from their detail supply distributer. And tried it on everything. We have since bought gallon and gallons at work to use on our S/S Jet fuel tanks and wheels and everything else. Best part about it is it leaves a corrosion barrier behind. Anyways.. I'll attatch some before and after pics. The wheels pictured where on my friends old boat trailer, and the chrome was peeling pretty bad so don't mind where the acid ate the flakes away but rather what it did to the in tact chrome. This was spray on and spray off...
Attached Images

Brandons63 is offline   Reply With Quote