View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 08:49 PM   #187
brimc

Re: 86 Silverado K20 12V CUMMINS Build

Well I got my old school fuel shutdown cable fabbed up and installed. It works too. Drilled a hole and mounted it below the headlight switch. Pushed in for "run"

Drilled a hole in the firewall and mounted with a rubber gromet.

Fabbed up a little holder bracket "run" position

"shutdown" position

I also got the fuel lines and sender finished up and dumped in 5 gal of good old $0.85 Diesel Fuel. What a big difference, seems like not that long ago it was $1.43. This weekend I was able to "drive" the truck in and out of the garage under it's own power. Able to start it up, shut it down and run it. Clutch and shifting seem fine so far. Was nice to get it out in the sun for awhile too.

Got the exhaust completely finished also. DynaMAX performance muffler and tail pipe. Very solid with 4 rubber mounts.
Decided on a 1.5 inch body lift. The box is completely bolted down with new hardware. Will need to take and upload more pictures........

1986 Chevrolet K20 Silverado 12 Valve CUMMINS P Pumped Intercooled/Getrag360/Divorced NP205/10B/14BFF Detroit Locker - DD Canadian Winter Beater.

My Chevrolet CUMMINS Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=585509
brimc is offline   Reply With Quote