View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 11:30 PM   #181
HO455
Post Whore

Thumbs up Re: What did you do to your Suburban Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
It is a set length depending on your driving habits and RPM of the drone. Mine needed to be 28.25 inches long overall. There are charts in some of the writeups. I will see if I can find one.... If I do I will edit this post and add it.

Edit: Here is the chart. All I did was drive the speed I most often drive, note the RPM at that speed and check the pipe length at that RPM on the chart. I don't drive interstates much so I just set it for the RPM at 60mph and it seems to work pretty good for all speeds. If a person is concerned about multiple speeds the second picture shows an adjustable pipe.

LockDoc
Thanks for posting this LockDoc. I have spent at least half a day reading up on it. I had heard of Helmholtz's theory years ago but not in this application. This explains the strange tail pipes on a 1968 GTO my friend had back in high school. The stock tail pipes had a one on each side tucked up behind the rear rocker panels next to the frame.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote