View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 08:29 AM   #34
Juiced06GTO

Re: 69 Suburban Build

Update time - Still moving forward!!

Well, no pictures yet, but I made some progress! Got the nose off, cut the bottom of the a pillar out and the rusted floor and kick panel, made a new front floor brace, welded in the inner rocker on the front pass side, tacked in the lower a pillar patch panel, fully welded the 3rd door rocker in along with the floor patches there. Then I hung and aligned the third door. Now I just need to rehang the front door, align it and tack the outer rocker on. Also, need to modify the front pass rocker so it actually fits right since it is a truck rocker - anyone have any good tips on how to modify it? I have an idea in my head already and will probably just go right at it with the grinder and welder, but tips are always nice!

I got all that done on my day off Friday while the little guy was at daycare and wife at work. Saturday was housework and family day and prepping the house for a big Memorial Day cookout, then Sunday I made a huge score and went and picked up an 80 gallon dual stage husky air compressor to add to the arsenal! Only 400 bucks so I couldn't pass it up and it looks new! It was a bear muscling that thin around into my basement by myself though!!

I'll get pics up once I get them off my phone!
Juiced06GTO is offline   Reply With Quote