Thread: Greg's 50 Build
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 12:16 AM   #235
Root2812

Re: Greg's 50 Build

Well I work slowly but I am working. I got that fuel pump installed. There are a ton of videos online of how to do it but here are a few pictures. I started by figuring out where I wanted the pump. I picked a good spot because the Brother's tank is internally baffled and a misplaced hole would have sucked. The instructions were really clear. I drilled the large hole and used the template ring to drill the bolt holes. You see the green tape lines... those mark where the bed cross member goes. Then the instructions told me how to trim the pump bracket to fit the depth of my tank. Then the set up just dropped in and bolted up. Then I started making my AN lines. This is the first time I have ever made lines and the Russel AN fittings and line is so easy to use. I went with the Proclassic line in the black nylon weave instead of the traditional stainless. The nylon cuts easyer, flexes easyer, and looks better.

I have my engine in and started putting on the accessories that I have. It will be a while before first fire up but I am happy. This picture has some ugly spray painted covers on it but I just got some nice new ones and it look so much better.