View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 08:23 AM   #7
13jraven

Re: 72 K5 Duramax Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Everyone thinks because they are mechanical with little wiring they are WAY easier. I hate to tell you, if you do a swap correctly, it takes a good amount of time. If you sent the wiring out to have done on the Duramax, I don't see it being that much of a bigger job IMO. Do what you want. Asking questions is how we all learn. I for one am not big on body swaps so I'd probably transfer everything over to the K5. I just don't like how the newer frames hang way down under the body. Again just my opinion. Look at 72duraburb's thread and you can see how one looks in a 72 burb. He has done a few and is currently doing his GMC but is a 2wd drag type build.
I just searched 72duraburb's build thread. So impressive - running the stock frame with twins.

And I couldnt agree more - the frame on the new trucks hangs so low it kills it for me w/ the body swap.

Shot him a PM as I am curious to know his motor mount set up. And he is running e-fans. Probably has to be done when trying to jenga a radiator, condenser, intercooler and trans cooler in the front.

Then keeping the stock A/C and running twins is blowing my mind. 800 HP with A/C...amazing.

John
13jraven is offline   Reply With Quote