View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 01:31 PM   #3803
matthamby

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Happy day! I was showing a co-worker what I had done to my truck this weekend, and explained why I didn't drive it in to work today - carb leaking gas He, being a Ford guy, said "I have a Quadrajet you can have, I don't know how I come into possession of it, but it's yours. all you have to do is find an intake" so I called my buddy who has been helping me with the mechanics and told him (also a Ford guy), he said "I have a factory 4 barrel intake that will work" Jackpot! The Lord really looks out for me!

Oh yeah, what I did this weekend!

seat repaired from this

to this

then removed the bench seat, removed all of the fuses and took a drimel tool with a wire brush and cleaned the fuse panel clips and fuses, put bulb grease on all of the fuses then put them back in, then put the seats in

I have made some repairs over the past few weeks also:

I also removed the glove box button and fixed it (WD40 and worked it until it was easy to push in and out)

I remember this thing not working from when I was a kid, we would be going down the road and all of the sudden WHAM! open glove box lid across the knees! I got it in and operated it a few times, then closed it, I went to put some screw from the bench seat into the box for safe keeping, I can't get it to open now! I'm waiting for me to be going down the road and it fall open on my wife's knees!