View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 02:17 PM   #18
BrianG

Re: Best brand of windshield?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepl View Post
Brian, please do follow up!

Doesn't Summit offer free shipping, or is it oversized? What'd it run to ship? And do you have a part number?
They don't offer free for this. I actually decided to order a back glass also. I love Ordering from Summit. I am in Central Michigan and when they have the part in the Ohio store, I get them next day (usually free shipping). Can't beet them for a lot of things honestly. So, shipping cost me about $20 for the back window. That is coming ups today (ordered it yesterday). It was $20 instead of free because it is 'oversized'. The Windshield was about $100 to ship. That is coming truck freight. They have a calculator on their website at the point where you are about to purchase it. It would be cheaper to ship it to a business. I think that was either $80 or $90, but I didn't want to deal with that hastle. I could of swore that it showed as in-stock in OH, but it is actually coming from Nevada. Hopefully it won't take too long and comes in one piece. Looks like they use a UPS LTL truck service. I don't think I've used that yet. UPS man has been to my house a couple hundred times in the past four or five years, but nothing truck freight until now. I'll keep you all posted both with the back window and windshield.
BrianG is offline   Reply With Quote