View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 02:57 AM   #1814
67chevy1series

Re: 1967 Chevy CST aka "the loud truck"

Couple steps forward one step back... Went to pick up the temp sensor adapter fitting (or at least that's what it should have been) and it was destroyed... The threads that let the plug screw into the block where just gone.. just mangled them right off.. And the hole was off center and the threads weren't even cut in so I bought that plug and ordered it from the dealer ship for nothing. Sad thing is the actual owner of the shop said, he knows what i want done can work, it's just he didn't do the job because he was working on three different customers crankshafts. So he told me if I can bring him another plug so he himself can machine it this time.. but it's a bit of a pain because this is I believe my 3rd trip down to the shop and And the amount of gas I've spent is probably now 3 times as much of the part and if I pull the plug out of my motor and it gets butchered now I have a 28mm hole in my motor til I can get another one ordered... Im a bit discouraged and annoyed with how difficult such an easy thing is to do, and what ads to that is the fact that I'm positively sure if I had the correct precise tools to fix the plug in place and drill it straight and true as well as the drill and tap and stuff I could do the job. Anyways I guess that's my rant. We'll see what unfolds tomorrow..
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote