View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 09:48 AM   #102
MalibuSSwagon

Re: 1986 Short bed 2WD

Yes I've been planning this for quite some time. Did alot of research and settled on the CPP kit as it's the complete conversion. Other kits would be over 2k for the conversion after getting $$$ coilovers and all this BS. I was just wanting a simple static coil drop and CPP was within budget. However, apparently the 2 piece driveshaft will not jive with the trailing arm crossmember, so I'm taking the TKO600 I bought from a neighbor for a screaming deal and putting it in the truck. Getting annoyed with the worn out SM465 anyways, time to jettison that boat anchor.

Also, scored some parts last week. Manual trans tilt column with intermittent wiper switch for $20! Came out of an 87 K5, it was a weird truck tho, was ordered with the Silverado package but no AC, power nothing, no cruise either but I gotta rebuild the column anyways so I'll add a cruise stalk I have. Also a few other odds and ends, a dashpad to re-wrap and some trim. I got one 90-91 power mirror, hoping to get a set this weekend plus the harness so I can add the power mirrors, locks and windows. Then the truck will just need AC. I've been spoiled by my Custom Cruiser and 9C1 with their full power options and ice cold AC, I want all that in the truck!
MalibuSSwagon is offline   Reply With Quote