View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 01:13 AM   #362
Valarius_Starchaser

Re: Project Orange Crush (57 3100)

More progress on the harness tonight soldered a ton of splices and crimped terminal ends on for all the HEI and ignition switch connectors as well as the starter solenoid stuff.

Really not far from firing this thing up need radiator mounted and filled and some exhaust hung I did see that my intake has a large hole in the front china wall where I didn't get enough gasket maker DOH so tear that off again set base timing and give her hell for break in how many gallons you think this thirst girl will need to run for 30 minutes at 2000RPM?

Also what weight oil is really recommended looking at a lot of guys saying the most expensive SAE30 you can find and some say the cheapest not sure what to do on this because it all gets thrown out after first break in anyhow

what do you all think I should run for an inline BAT+ to fuse block Main Fuse I have some 45s laying around from the Nova but I don't know if that is large enough to run the PCM,DRAC and all the lights with a prospected heater and stereo in the future nay thoughts? 80A?

Sorry no real picture worthy progress gentlemen just a wall of text