View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 09:46 AM   #49
jmlcolorado

Re: 68 C10/international L110 Mut

So at disassembly last night, I realized there is a door missing. This thing must have been pulled apart once before cause the tabs for this door were folded over the mesh. I assume the door was lost last time it was removed so they just left it open.
I'm not sure what this door does, but it appears to let heat out. But it's pointed right at the passengers door, which seems to be a waste to me.
I thought about welding a filler to close it off, but until I get the motor, and see how much air flow comes out of each location, I don't want to permanently close it off.
So I figured I'd try my hand at making a door.
Now be easy fellas. I've never ever attempted to fabricate anything like this. Usually it's cut and weld up a billion templates to make complicated shapes (to me, this is a complicated shape).

So I grabbed the first piece of scrap I had laying around, turned out to be 16 gauge.

All I have is a hand grinder, a hammer and an oxy torch with cutting tips, so I did my best.

P.s. I'm really getting tired of cutting metal with a grinder it's messy, loud and fiery.

Factory door in place on one side:

Missing door hole that needs filled:

Scrap for the new door:

Here's the attempt at the door:

And how it fits:

Certainly not a fancy stamped factory piece, but I think it'll do for now.
jmlcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote