View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 11:09 AM   #85
jmlcolorado

Re: 68 C10/international L110 Mut

I was going to hang the battery from the drivers side, but when I got looking at it, that's the side the fuel filler neck is located. And I wasn't comfortable with the battery being inches away from fuel. I like big bangs most of the time, but in this case, I'll avoid it.

Only problem is I put the battery where I was hoping to stub the exhaust out. Oh well. I'll find somewhere else for the exhaust to exit.

I'm at a point now that I needed to pull the bed and cab to finish all everything up under the truck.
Need to run hard fuel/return lines, rear brake line, air lines for everything, driveshaft. Blah blah blah.

Went to my drive shaft guy today to get pricing on a shaft.
He reccomended I upgrade the u-joints from 1350's to 1350's due to the torque of the engine. I advised I hope to eventually upgrade to compound turbos and more fuel, so I want enough shaft to accommodate the extra power.

I believe this rear end is a 12 bolt GM.
Any pointers on replacing the yoke?
I understand there is a crush sleeve and it needs to be tightened to the proper bearing preload. Only problem is I think to be able to measure preload properly, I have to gut the rear end so I'm spinning just the pinion gear.

I've heard guys who have marked the exact location of the pinion nut, removing, pulling and reinstalling new yoke, then tightening back to that exact same location.
Anyone have headache against this method?
jmlcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote