Originally Posted by uber cool View Post
Nice repair to the rocker and rear corner Ian
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62stepside longbox View Post
Metalwork looks good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz1963 View Post
Very cool Ian.

Great progress, you must be very pleased so far.

Been chatting with Paul in Ada, OK today and getting step by step reports and his repairs made me realise, I have soooo much to learn still.
Gentlemen, thank you for the positive comments, they are really appreciated

In between work and other commitments I have managed a little progress this week. I have finished welding the corner, unfortunatley my rust went beyond the repair panel, leaving me a gap to fill.

Name:  Patch Hole.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  32.1 KB

I folded up a repair section which after a bit of tweaking ended up fitting pretty well (if I do say so myself)

Name:  Patch.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  35.6 KB

Name:  Patch1.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  27.9 KB

I got it (almost) tacked in place when I ran out of welding gas, I don't know why that should come as a surprise but it always does, I really should pay more attention to the gauge

Name:  Patch 3.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  32.0 KB

But every cloud has a silver lining. I decided to use the spare time to tidy my garage and found this.

Name:  Toolbox.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  25.9 KB

It's a Massey Fergusson (AGCO) tool box, a place I worked used to make them. It may come as no surprise but in the best Johnny Cash (One Piece at a Time) traditions these were at the top of everyones "take home" list. So much so that if we had to ship a batch of 100 we would make 125 just to make sure there was enough left over to ship