Thread: Check this Wow
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 10:25 PM   #12
1badgmc

Re: Check this Wow

I just saw this thread.

To give a little explanation on the insane pricing, there were three "Rods" series' in 2009. Cop Rods were Target exclusives. Fire Rods were Toys R Us exclusives. Military Rods were Wal-Mart exclusives.

The Cop Rods '83 Silverado is the cheapest and easiest of the three to come by. $25-30 is a fair price for the Cop Rods. Notice the series number of the Cop Rods truck is #8 of 26, so it came out fairly early in the series. The Fire Rods is #16 of 26 and the Military Rods is #25 of 26. These three series weren't very popular sellers at retail for some reason, so a lot of the later releases never made it to their intended retail destinations and instead went to liquidators like Big Lots! and the like. The Military and Fire Rods were casualties of this. They never got their full production run, so they're hard to come by. Combine that with a pretty big demand for this casting right now and you have prices on those going through the roof! I'm only missing those two Rods plus two of the 4x4 releases to have the full collection of the '83 Silverados, but with prices like that, I won't be adding the Rods to my collection anytime soon.
Attached Images

1badgmc is offline   Reply With Quote