View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 11:36 AM   #241
AJCK87

Re: 1963 GMC C30 panel truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth204 View Post
Having spent some quality time in the 92 Dodge donor truck. I thought I'd add a profile here and post a few pics of the mighty Dodge in action!
Though a couple hunting pics can't even begin to scratch the surface of the long list of "adventures" this trucks been involved in, lol... I wanted to post a tribute and raise a glass to ol faithful.
It's comforting to know that the heart of the Dodge will now live on in whats shaping up to be an awesome GMC panel truck!

Cheers buddy!
Thanks Doug for the tribute! That's great. Yup I have had the Dodge for over 10 years now and has taken me all over the country side. Loads of camping, hunting and traveling.

Can't wait to get the panel rolling. Missing the clatter of the 5.9 already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62stepside longbox View Post
Looks like the truck had lots of great use. Did it come from Kelowna?
Hey Nik,
Yeah it sure has! I bought that truck in Penticton back in 2006, at about 380,000 KMS. Now it's sitting at about 560,000. I plan on pulling freshening up the motor a little down the road, when I switch to the NV4500. Got to stack up some parts after she is running.

I have been flying at the fab work this last week. Here is where I'm sitting.

I have the front axle and drive shaft in, had to get it lengthened 2", the front shocks are mounted, the steering box is on and hooked lined up with the column, had to re-jig the fire wall and get a new line to plumb it in, got the booster set up on the fire wall and working with the pedal, the drivers side inner fender is done, made a battery box and allowance for the boost pipe, and I started on the passengers side inner fender. I have to fit the air box and and heater box some how. Then I will be moving on to the rad support, should be throwing fenders on pretty soon.

Thanks for tuning it!
Attached Images

AJCK87 is offline   Reply With Quote