View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 11:40 AM   #163
scoot_mcgrute

Re: 1966 C10 Project Truck

A few more times of installing and removing the tranny and I have a setup that works! The spacer worked perfect and all the parts worked together like they were supposed to. So happy to be able to move on and re-start the assembly process!

Between tinkering on the truck this weekend, I had a little "Scoot time" and walked down to the park for the Hot Air Balloon Festival Saturday night and did some rock therapy in the Jeep on Sunday. It was a great weekend!

There were supposed to be 8 or so balloons all lit up but I guess there was too much wind so only one was brave enough. It was pretty cool to see the process to get it all setup and ready to fly though.

This is what my Jeep is built for, it still blows my mind on how capable it is for in my mind a fairly stock looking rig. Yes, I do enjoy my toys

A little paint transfer from a tree that someone else rubbed against. The Jeep is almost strictly a wheeler so I don't worry about the body so much

I painted the bed strips body color a while back and last night rounded up all the strip hardware and gave them a coat of body color also. I think it'll look good and finish off the bed a bit.

More to come this week. If everything goes right, I should have the bed back on the truck and the driveline sent out to get shortened due to my spacer.