View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 01:18 PM   #54
Dad's72

Re: $2000 budget to start

Well I got some good news after I found out the original motor needs to be rebuilt. A buddy of mine has an Eddelbrock crate motor that he bought for a 79 build he was doing. He is selling the truck to a guy doing an LS swap so he is keeping the crate motor. He wasn't interested on making any profit since it is for me so he is letting me have it for$350.
It was bought in 2011 and only has approx. 35K miles on it. It is a 350 with the Eddelbrock intake, carb, valve covers, and air cleaner. He is giving it to me with the Hooker Headers on it, alternator, compressor, and distributor. I went over to hear it running this weekend and it started right up after sitting for 3 months and idled smooth as could be. I am excited. It was bolted up with his TH350 transmission so it should bolt up to mine.
I am going to swap it out with mine and once I get the truck fixed up and driving the way I want I will build the original motor the way I would like. It will be $1500 to build it the way I want so dropping $350 on this motor will save some of my budget. I am going to start a build thread since I am getting the motor delivered next weekend.
Dad's72 is offline   Reply With Quote