View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #3918
dflarsen77

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Well it was Saturday, but I bought it! A 1970 Chevy C/10 longbed. I did a thread asking for what to look for:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=710649

I went out to look at it (2 hours away) and found it to be darn decent. Got 90 minutes of the way home, had to stop to get gas after getting about 6mpg doing 60-65, and it wouldn't start, got it towed home. It has some kind of fuel problem I haven't had much of a chance to look at. It has dual auxilliary tanks, and I have a pic here of the valve under the driver's side cab of where it is, and it looks rough. I figure it's either leaking there, maybe at the pump, I dunno, but I'll get it. It also has a commercial title, and I'm not really sure what that means for me here in CA.

Took a good pic in the sun. I have a whole list of what's obviously wrong, and what I'd like to do for it, but anyways, here it is.

If you've ever wondered, yes you can make a 73+ front bumper fit. It has a lot of pluses though that I've found so far, but mostly because it doesn't seem to have a lot of rust. And how about those helper springs? I knew what they were from reading about it, but when I first looked underneath and saw it, my heart dropped because I thought it was a leaf spring suspension, which seems to be no fun for lowering. I'll have to start a build thread once I start doing anything.

Thanks again to the bros that helped in my first thread!
Attached Images