View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 11:58 PM   #109
jmlcolorado

Re: 68 C10/international L110 Mut

Got the radiator mounted. I needed it to be mounted to order the fan. Good thing I waited to order the fan because I thought I would have about 4" to work with. Turns out I only have about 2 1/2" between the radiator and nose of the crank shaft :/

Used rubber isolators for the bottom mounts for vibration resistance.

This thing is healthy heavy. I'd say about 50 lbs with no water in the radiator.

Hose routing is going to be tricky.
At the top of this picture, you can see my dirty finger on the water inlet. The far side you can see the outlet of the radiator. The hose has a pretty short run. But will need to snake under the belt tensioner in between.

At the top, there is about 1/4" between the radiator cap neck and the water inlet neck in the engine.
At the bottom down there you can see the inlet for the radiator. It only has 1/4" between the bottom of it and the drag link for the steering. Not good.

I left 1/2" between the top of the radiator and the top of the grill shell.
I feel like I'm going to have to pull the whole she'll forward on the frame to gain me 1 more inch for fan clearance as well as room between the engine and radiator cap neck. Might need to take out that 1/2" between the top and dimple the shell top for clearance to gain room for the bottom hose too. Really using up all the room quick.
You think that without fenders and a hood, you have all the room in the world. Except you don't if you are trying to keep it all in proportion I guess.

Oh well, I'll figure it out.
jmlcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote