View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 07:13 AM   #203
NastyBuzzard

Re: Let's Build A 1 Ton Crew Cab 4x4

So I was out tinkering with the truck last night. Trying to do some fitment for this tank. I am trying to finish up all the suspension stuff as well as doing fuel and brake lines.

I removed the ps shock mount to be able to try and fit it up in there.

I think the right xmember is the one that goes up front and the left is the one that goes to the back.

Looking awfully close to the rear diff here.

I considered moving the rear xmember back some but then I remember I will have to cut off that extra bit of frame since the truck is now a shortbed.

It also kind of looks like the bumpstop mount may be in the way.

Doing some fitment of the rear xmember. Appears to be not as wide as the original. EDIT: I also just noticed I have it upside down I think

Also it doesn't look like I will have much room to mount shocks on outside of the frame like 1500's. Although I swear I saw a C30 do it somewhere.

Anyways, I think the main issue is that I have the 40 gallon suburban tank. I looked at pictures and the 25/31 tanks have the filler neck kind of centered with the hole for the pump assembly. Mine is slightly offset. I printed out some measurements to go home and confirm later. So may just need to buy a 31 gallon tank which will give me more clearance, hopefully. The difference in length is 6.25"

Also, I guess I will need to buy a diesel tank instead of a gas tank. I think they are different as well.

Thoughts?
2010 CTS V- The "NastyBuzzard"
1979 Trans Am - Eventually getting 6.0/T56 swap with boost

Last edited by NastyBuzzard; 07-01-2016 at 07:22 AM.
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote