View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 10:55 AM   #178
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

Got a bit further today. The new master cylinder is installed for now. The AN fittings and braided line should arrive later this week. When they arrive, I will remove the bracket that holds the proportioning valve and rear ABS motor so I can clean it up. Then I can finish the brake plumbing and get the system bled.

^^^When I bought the donor Dodge, the master cylinder for the brakes was missing the cap. Granted, the hood was closed and the front end was complete, but who knows how long it had sat open and exposed. I bought a replacement cap to keep further contamination out, but the sludge in the bottom is what was left when I capped the system.

Here we are with the new master cylinder installed. It still needs to be bled, which I will do when the braided lines and -3AN fittings arrive. The new MC didn't include tubing for bench bleeding, so the braided lines should suffice. The rest of the system seemed to have decent looking brake fluid in place when I took apart the lines. I'm hoping there isn't any real signs of rust in the calipers and wheel cylinders, or the rear wheel ABS motor. If all goes well, I can have functioning brakes soon.

-Joe

Last edited by Purcell69; 07-01-2016 at 11:01 AM.
Purcell69 is offline   Reply With Quote