View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 02:53 PM   #2154
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Another weekend gone.

Amazing how time is just flying by at the moment. It is the middle of the year already.

I have been keeping busy with various distractions that needed doing, and continue to need doing. It has allowed me to kind of focus away from stuff that was messing with my head.That's the joy of home ownership and life in general.

This weekend was interesting, it may have no meaning to most of you, but I recently reached a pivotal point in my life, and also the ownership of this house, and one of the things to do was to remove these two hateful creepers form the garage walls, they are messy, interfere with the CCTV and alarm systems, plus they look poop. In short, I have always hated them as their leaves ended up in piles everywhere as well as inside the garage every time the door was opened.
Nicola always laid claim to them, but they now belong to me, so I decided they had to go as part of my purging, and at the same time the garage can get cleaned up, painted and the paving could get cleaned up in front of the garage like I have done to the rest of the property recently.
I had planned on going over to Craig's place in Leatherhead today to help him here: http://retrorides.proboards.com/thre...auty-awakening but realised my jobs would not get done by themselves. Especially after my two bootfairs that took three hours to do today. Managed to find him some great power socket extensions for his workshop for silly money.

So this was what I started with.........

Started to cut them down and it was clear the mess would be needing further attention.

Step one done........

Today's bootfair cost me around £45.00 in the end, with various items I am not going to add in here, but there were these saws, the long one, along with a very near new concrete mixing shovel cost me £10.00 of which £8.00 was for the saw.
The same seller also had the other three saws for £5.00 which I was happy to pay.

The idea is to go this route (image from Google) with the normal sized ones and then the large one, as a nod to my paternal grandfather who was a forester, may be just restored and mounted somewhere in my house to remind me of my roots.

I also managed to find a load of other stuff from one vendor who does clearances in France, including this old rotary telephone in a funky colour, which will be an ornament in the house, yes I love quirky stuff like that. I had seen one for £28.00 at one traders table, and another lady had two of them in cream that she wanted £15.00 each for.......... So the £3.00 this one cost me, pahhhh..... Burger money.

By 11.30 I was up the ladder, with my trusty pressure cleaner, having removed all stuff that would get in the way.

By 16.00 the front and drive were all done, cleaned and everything packed away.

My neck had gotten a good beating from Mr Sun who had been hesitant to show his face all day.

And by 17.30 it was all dried up. And the clouds had gone mostly.

Next weekend the jobs include prepping of the walls, crack filling and then paint plus painting the wooden door frames.

I also need to replace one of the cap tiles right at the front of the roof.

Weekend over, no truck time, but loads of good stuff done, that needs to be done anyway.

Truck time will resume in all earnest very soon though. But bear with me for a while, I need to deal with ****e in the mean time.

Time for a Rum and Pepsi Max methinks.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote