View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 11:48 PM   #1322
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubie View Post
man, this project has gone a lot further than I thought you might take id Dan. Sure going to be one sweet ride when it's complete
It HAS gone a lot further than I intended. I originally intended to use a dropped axle with Posie's Superslide springs. I even bought a never-installed front disc brake kit for the straight axle. (I still have it)

I kept reading my plans would cost as much as an IFS setup. Was STILL gone do that then I happened on an ad for a new Fatman Fabrications IFS kit that had never been installed for pretty cheap compared to full retail.

Then my brother in law who loves to wrench came for a visit and helped me pull the dog house to install the IFS last summer. "It'll be a lot easiest to install if we pull the engine" - and sliding not down the slippery slope was launched! There was no bed wood in it - "It's only four bolts to pull the bed"

It's gonna be cosmetically beautiful (to me anyway). It'll still have the 283/350TH but of course I find myself looking at 5.3 LS engines in Craigslist. That'll have to wait. Just don't have the money and if I did it I'd have to have someone do the electrical. I know my limitations.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote