View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 01:07 PM   #732
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: Do you have a 1972 Plaid Pickup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
So here is a question for the Highlander group....of which I am one:

If you needed your seat redone would you consider maybe using the 'Cheyenne' type cloth material in place of the highlander plaid in order to update (arguably improve?) the interiors appearance?...or would you absolutely stick with the plaid?
I have been considering this when I get my seat redone...but I'm still on the fence with this. I don't really mind the appearance and I think for the better part, I simply don't think about it all that much....but I do get a kick out of the comments it (the plaid) gets and it has me looking more closely at the appeal of the highlander material in my own mind.
I don't think it would change the history of the truck, etc and it could be changed back at some point....regardless, what do you think?....are you lovin' that plaid?

All Good
Coley

Interesting point Colin. I have original buckets with the console and new foam for my Highlander and next is to order the seat covers. My plan is to order the green plaid covers like used on Blazers but weren't available for pickups. I do have thoughts of maybe going with the scroll parchment seat covers instead or like you the Cheyenne cloth. I'm thinking as I'm scraping the money together for the covers.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote