View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 04:42 PM   #7
SCOTI

Re: raised bed floor..tailgate not clossing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richya View Post
The floor was raised by taking 9 inches out of the side and the front and welding it back on. If I do cut an inch out of the rear do you cut through the cross member or remove it and then cut? Any help would be appreciated.
You'll prob need to slice through the support cross member as well. I looked @ shortening the floor or notching the gate. The lower portion of the gate was much easier in my opinion. Mine 'worked' fine too & wasn't noticeable w/the gate down.

I say 'worked' because when I got it Line-X'd, he was a little overzealous on the application of material applied when spraying the vertical portion of the bed floor & the lower portion of the gate (from the handle relocator down). I asked him to do just a single pass for each of those areas & said I would just paint/blend it the rest of the way. Instead, he laid down the same amount of material as the floor/sides which caused interference once closed (no interference before that).

No biggie to me. I'll just recess the gate a little more & have him re-spray that section.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote